Thursday 14 May 2009

old railway line

I walked the length of the old railway line that runs along the back of my house this morning. I didn't record all species growing, but only those less widely present in the area. The species recorded were bugle (Ajuga reptans), wild angelica (Angelica sylvestris), creeping thistle (Cirsium arvense), broom (Cytisus scoparius), bluebell (Hyacinthoides non-scripta), common forget-me-net (Myosotis sylvatica), common oak (Quercus robur), redcurrant (Ribes rubrum), greater stitchwort (Stellaria holostea), chickweed (Stellaria media), brooklime (Veronica beccabunga), guelder rose (Viburnum opalus), bush vetch (Vicia sepium) and dog violet (Viola riviniana agg.)

None of these are new to the area, but some are new records for the site.

Adding the species that I recorded on this site in the blog last year this gives a total of 19 species for this site. However this is not a complete list; I didn't record many species which are present here and more widely within the area.

However redcurrant is new to parish A - the locality identified last year was in parish L.

No comments: