Thursday 11 June 2009

More plants

This afternoon I had a look at the low hill that occupies the south west extremity of parish A.

On the way there, in a corner of a field in the meadows I noticed a small colony of narrow-leaved bitter cress (Cardamine impatiens).

Within the target site I noted over 50 species, including smooth tare (Vicia tetrasperma) and woodrush (Luzula sp.) (not Luzula sylvatica, but perhaps Luzula pilosa), and also the first record of wood anemone (Anemone nemorosa) for parish A. There are additionally a variety of trefoils, clovers and composites to identify.

Coming back through the town centre I found that a plant of peach-leaved bellflower (Campanula persicifolia) has seeded itself into the middle of a shrub planting.

At two locations I saw plants of pearlwort (Sagina sp.) that weren't procumbent pearlwort (Sagina procumbens).

No comments: