Monday 2 June 2008

cichorioid daisies I

I can recognise some cichorioid daisies (daisies with only ligulate flowers), but there's a large group that I haven't yet learnt to recognise. These include most members of the Hieracium/Crepis/Pilosella group.

I have recently observed two plants, which I have tentatively identified (from the phyllaries) as Crepis, but I haven't identified the species.

# 1

Cichorioid daisy # 1 - plantCichorioid daisy # 1 - budsCichorioid daisy # 1 - stem leafCichorioid daisy # 1 - stem leafCichorioid daisy # 1 - reverse of capitulum

# 2

cichorioid daisy # 2 - flowering stemcichorioid daisy # 2 - plantcichorioid daisy # 2 - capitulumcichorioid daisy # 2 - reverse of capitulumcichorioid daisy # 2 - stem leaf

I'm not sure whether they're both the same species. (The structure of the capitulescence appears to differ.)

No comments: